Posted: Mon, 04/17/2023 - 5:53 pm EDT
As a strategy for disrupting the school-to-prison pipeline, Rhode Island has introduced Juvenile Hearing Boards in 30 of 39 of their counties. Hear from the leadership that is deeply involved in the program about the successes and challenges of implementing this intervention.
- Larome Myrick, PhD - Executive Director, Division of Youth Development, Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth and Families
- Toby Ayers, PhD - Executive Director, Rhode Island for Community and Justice
- Beth Bixby, MSW, LICSW - Chief Executive Officer, Tides Family Services
- Gina Tocco - Juvenile Justice Grant Administrator, Rhode Island Department of Public Safety
- Jessica Vega - Senior Policy Analyst, Rhode Island KIDS COUNT
- Kelsey Bala, MPH - Policy Analyst, Rhode Island KIDS COUNT